Wednesday, November 16, 2005

the Cash Incentives for NSmen - Is money the best way to compensate NSmen

KAN - to the power of 2!!!

Cash gift to recognize NS contributions

I am about to ROD from my reservist obligations - thanks to the shorten 10 year cycle. And now they want to reward NSmen in CASH - HARD COLD CASH... shite, came too late but then again no amount of $$$ will entice me to go for more ICT.

I have been serving my ICT liabilities faithfully for many years and I went to all ICT unwillingly but yet bo bian. The only comfort I got from my time spent in ICT was the catching up with my equally unwilling but yet bo bian ex-army friends. Apart from that, everything else sucks. The same old hierachy respect-the-rank-not-the-person bullshits, fuckface enciks who think they are the lao jiao who knows everything, do-things-for-show-only wayang training, and best of all rush-to-wait-then-wait-to-rush way of doing things.

I faithfully attended every call-up so that I can finish my ICT cycle without delay and avoid attending make-up ICT with another unfamiliar unit cos doing shite things with friends whom you eat, drink, pee, shit, bathe, sweat and bleed together for 2 years make things a hell lot more bearable.

The darkest moment in my ICT was one that denied me of something so valuable and priceless that no amount of CASH INCENTIVE can compensate...

When my son first learn how to walk and succeeded in taking his first step unassisted, I was wearing the No. 4, sweating it out at near 40 Degree Celsius weather in the faraway land of Thailand. Thus I missed out on an important milestone in my son's development all because of ICT. I cannot tell my son in future that I was there to witness his first few baby steps.

How can I feel more patriotic when my NS obligation denied me one of the proudest moments as a father watching my son take his first step unassisted? And no amount of $$$ can buy me back the witnessing of my son taking his first step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home